Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Things I Like To Eat

* Fruit: bananas, kiwi, grapefruit, apples, grapes galore

* Heinz baked beans....I'm eating it by the canful (which thankfully is 300 calories, so I'm at least getting calories somewhere).

* String cheese

* Pickles

* Milk, milk, and more milk

* Water with a splash of black cherry juice

* Chai tea latte

* Soup (thanks to my Monday group)

Sounds limiting.  I've eaten hamburgers which never stay down.  I roasted a chicken last week and it's getting disassembled and frozen because it is uneatable right now.  I am thinking of making pasta with a tomato sauce tonight.  Something simple, healthy and yummy.  Maybe adding a bit of roasted chicken and a side of steamed broccoli.  I'm trying my best to be a good shell for this little one.  Taking care of the baby has helped to remind me to take care of myself.

*EDIT*  Decided to skip the pasta tonight and do fresh salmon roasted with a little lime juice and sea salt with a side of steamed broccoli.  Surprisingly delicious.  I have enough salmon for the rest of the week!  (Bought about 12 oz. which is the max I should be eating in a week.)

2 comments:

  1. I love pickles when pregnant.

    And when not. Let us plan to eat many when I visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally! We're have a pickle party. I'm hoping to try canning some this summer!

    ReplyDelete