Monday, April 11, 2011

My Petite Escargot,

I love you already.  I get butterflies even just thinking about you and the idea of you coming into being.  I'm looking forward to you growing big and strong, to looking like I'm carrying you.  I know that your daddy and I are going to be so excited to just feel you kick and read you bed time stories and sing to you.  (I apologize ahead of time for your daddy....he can sing, he just needs more training.) 

So far we know that you're a little cautious when it comes to the spicy stuff, so clearly you take after your daddy.  That's all right.  I'm okay with a cautious child, really.  However I am proud to say that I'm hoping my voracious inability to eat enough fruit means you're getting at least some of your food habits from me.

So, yes, you're the size of a jellybean really.  But as your grandmother reminded me, Dr. Seuss wrote, "A person's a person no matter how small."  And you indeed are a very important person, little one.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment