Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Girly Girl

"She's gonna be a girly girl, " G says smiling.  And my heart melts.  This man loves "his girls" and can't imagine life differently.  "Hello Rose Marie!" he says, glimpsing my stomach.

She may indeed be a girly girl, but one thing is for sure: she's gonna be a daddy's girl.  I can already see her scrambling into his lap for stories and whispering secrets.  Butterfly kisses and twirling.  Tiny pearls and flowers in her hair.

We didn't care what you were gonna be, because we knew that who you would be is an amazing child.  But I think your daddy is thrilled at the idea of a little girl.  After all, he's expecting you to take after me, and we already know how much he adores me.  You're gonna have him wrapped around your tiny pinky in no time.

Who am I kidding, he already admits he is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment