Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Stubborn

Dear Petit Escargot,

Your mama and her tech spent about an hour today trying to get you to move and flash us your bits.  At first, you seemed to be curled up asleep.  Later, you might move an arm or a leg, but stayed curled into a ball.  Even getting a mild case of the hiccups seemed to not faze you in the least.  But I did get to see your heartbeat and though you firmly refused to give us a profile shot of your head, I did get one of you staring us straight on. 

And really, I'm okay.  I'd like to know for sure so I can start stocking up on diapers and swaddling blankets.  But it doesn't really matter.  For the beginning you'll wear a lot of white onesies.  And I have no problem putting you in either pink or blue regardless of gender (though your Daddy is leaning more towards a dark purple). 

However, whether you would like to stay in a ball or not, can you please come out of my pelvis?  That explains why my lower bit aches so much.  I'd appreciate you realizing your mama has a long torso with plenty of room for you to stretch out in. 

So, tomorrow, remember to smile pretty for the camera and do a little dance.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment