Saturday, December 3, 2011

I am overwhelmed with love for you.  Absolutely punch drunk in love.  I keep saying, "I love her." and "She's ours." as I look at your daddy.  Who whispers, "I know, isn't she perfect?" 

And you are.  You are everything good and joyful in this world.  Even in the hospital you were easy, sometimes sleeping through the heel pricks if I'd fed you right before hand.

You are an enthusiastic eater, sometimes emptying one side, and then within minutes demanding more.  And you drink until you are what we call "milk drunk" dozing off into a dreamland I can only imagine.  You smile in your sleep, and the dimple on your right side is so deep I just want to smother you with kisses. 

Christmas is coming, and you are every gift I've ever wanted.  You are more than enough for every Christmas past and present and I am delighted to be your mama.  I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment