Monday, January 14, 2013

You first took 6 real steps on Christmas Eve.  And then nothing.  You're headstrong and didn't seem to want to at all.  But late this Sunday night (January 13) you continually took 6-8 steps.  And today, your daddy and I got you to go back and forth between us by being silly and putting a tutu on our heads.  You laughed, completely delighted with yourself.

I know you, my sweet girl.  So fearless, but only when you're sure.  Your other new thing is to drop off the side of our bed, trusting that I'm there just in case you slip.  You still need us as a safety net, still rely on crawling because you're more sure.

My hope for you is that you learn how amazingly strong you are.  That just like tonight, instead of cautious steps, you go forth with rapid faith, laughing at life's possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment